What are the participation fees?
Sheltered Harbor is a not-for-profit, industry-led effort. Fees paid to Sheltered Harbor will depend on the size and type of the following institutions:
- Banks, Credit Unions and Brokers based on the type of institution and the size of the institution, as defined by:
- Number of US depository accounts and US banking assets for Participants which are banking firms
- Client assets and number of clearing clients for Participants which are securities firms
- Assets under management or plan assets under administration for Participants which are asset managers, transfer agents, or retirement plan recordkeepers
- Industry Associations and Industry Service Participants
- Participants which are Global Systemically Important Banks as defined by the Financial Stability Board
Participation Dues Structure Overview
Participants whose operations include any combination of banking, brokerage and asset management accounts pay only a single fee based on the larger of the banking or brokerage or asset managent fee calculation (except for G-SIBs which are assessed a flat fee of $50,000).
How do I join?
To join online, select one of the following links:
If you requires a hardcopy signature of the Sheltered Harbor Participation Agreement then follow these simple steps:
- Review the Sheltered Harbor Operating Rules.
- Download and print the Sheltered Harbor Participation Agreement according to your fee level
- Fill in the relevant information, including fees applicable to your institution according to the Fees Schedule
- Sign the agreement by an authorized party
If you are a service provider or prefer to discuss participation first, kindly complete and submit the Inquiry Form and you will be contacted by our Membership team.
Your application will be vetted to confirm that your organization is elligible to participate with Sheltered Harbor. Upon completion of the application process, Participants will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to access the Sheltered Harbor Content Portal and other materials.
What do Participants receive?
Participant benefits include access to the full set of specifications that ensure secure storage and recovery of account data. Upon full satisfaction of all specification requirements, the Participant will be awarded Sheltered Harbor certification. Additionally, participants have access to best practices, an active membership community with industry subject matter experts and on-going updates to the Sheltered Harbor Solution. More details of which benefits you receive are in the table below.
(# of Staff)
(# of Staff)